Usher/Ticket Taker Job Requirements
- Review the position requirements
- Provide contact information
- Choose 2-4 concerts
- Agree to terms
- Complete form
Volunteer Ushers and Ticket-takers manage the seating of patrons for the Festival’s shows, including general admission and fixed seating arrangements. Ushers direct and/or escort patrons to their seats. Ushers also act as a patron resource for show information and are responsible to provide exceptional customer service. Ticket-takers, who work at the doors/entrance areas, are responsible for verifying our patrons have the correct ticket for the show.
Volunteer Ushers and Ticket-takers will report directly to the Front of House Captains
Minimum Qualifications, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Volunteers are required to wear event appropriate clothing. Jeans, sweatsuites/pants, etc. are not permitted. Prefered dress would include office business attire or better. Volunteers who arrive dressed inappropriately will be asked to change their clothing prior to the event they are working.
- All Volunteers in this position MUST be able to stand with no assistance for 4 (four) hour segments of time. If a person is unable to meet this requirement for any reason, you need to consider other volunteer opportunities. If, when you applied for this position you were able, but due to unforeseen circumstances become unable to meet this qualification, you must notify the volunteer coordinator to forfeit this position without prejudice.
- Volunteers must be knowledgeable about the venue/house and ticket policies.
- Be aware of a safety plan and be assist patrons in a courteous manner.
- Volunteers must be comfortable managing large groups of people and providing seating direction.
- May assist with the seating of patrons who have special needs or patrons who require handicap assistance.
- During General Admission shows, ushers will operate as a team to communicate maximize seating space.
- During Fixed Seating events, ushers may help with patrons &/or verify tickets for seating.
- Ushers help control patrons’ entering and exiting our venues before, during, and after shows.
- Ushers are expected to be familiar with the venue’s seating layout.
- Ushers must listen to patron issues thus providing referral, as appropriate, to the Front of House Captain.